Za (ز) – It is the Arabic Zay letter Zay is an Sun letter. It has the same basic shape as Ra however it has the addition of a dot.
How to Write Arabic Letters Zay?
The Arabic alphabet does not have lowercase or uppercase letters similar to the Latin alphabet. However, the letters are combining when writing words. However, each Arabic letter is written in contextual formats.
The Arabic alphabet is created and read from left to right in horizontal order. There are four contextual formats that each letter could use:
- Isolated (Detached).
How to pronounce the Arabic word Zay sounds
Zay is the inverse of Z in English letter Z which is why it’s similar to Z. Z that is in “Zoom”.
Basic Words from Zay in various states
Zay is not connected to the letter prior (the one towards the left). It has three different shapes based on where it is in the language:
Suggested Read: The Silk Roads , History of the World, World War I, The Islamic World by Ladan Akbarnia, Nahj al-Balagha, Lost Islamic History, Stranger The History, Realizing Islam, Prophet Muhammad
Word examples with an Arabic letter Zay using diacritics
Zay is also a symbol of just three distinct sounds. It’s all soft and it doesn’t make an uneasy sound when it’s paired with the fatha. Zay featuring a fatha is a soft sound similar to Za from Zambia. Or like za in Zigzag.
- Zay that has a Kasra Sounds as Zi zi in Zigzag. Or like zi in Brazil.
- Zay who has a damma Sounds similar to Zo from Zoo. Or like zo in Bazooka.
- ZAY with Sokoon It’s like z from Ma Zda. Or like z in Quiz.
Ra and Zay have twin or shape-mate. They look like letters that is known as Wow that we’ll be talking about in the future
Suggested Read: The Afghanistan File , Islam in Saudi Arabia, Top Seller: Islamic Art by Luca Mozzati, Jewish Morocco, Kingdoms of Faith and Islamic History For Kids: Story of Uhud
Ra and Zay appear exactly just like Bananas!
In the end it is clear that the Arabic Zay letter Zay is an extremely versatile letter. It is able to be used to create numerous sounds, and it is able to be used in a wide number of words that it can be used for. With some practice it is possible how to read and write using this letter.
It is the Arabic Zay letter Zay is consonant. It is made through a voiced retroflex fricative sound that is lateral. Zay is written using four variants, based on its location within the word. If it is the first letter in a word, the letter is written in an oblong letter. When it’s located in the middle or at the end of a word the letter is written in a shorter letter.
- Alif – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Ba – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Ta – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Tha- Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Jeem – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Hha – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Kha – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Daal – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Thaal – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim
- Ra – Arabic Alphabets in English – QuranMualim