GEOMETRY PRACTICE WORKBOOK FOR THE SAT & PSAT is a comprehensive guidebook for students preparing for the SAT and PSAT exams, authored by the American Math Academy. The workbook is designed to help students master geometry concepts tested on these exams by providing ample practice problems with detailed solutions.
The book includes various topics such as points, lines, angles, triangles, polygons, circles, coordinate geometry, and three-dimensional geometry. With over 600 practice problems, the workbook aims to enhance students’ critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
Suggested Read: algebra functions and data analysis, math kangaroo past papers, basic geometry worksheets pdf, algebra 2 formula sheet pdf, geometry formulas pdf, algebra 2 cheat sheet pdf
The workbook falls under the category of academic study guides and test preparation books. It is an excellent resource for students looking to improve their geometry skills and prepare for standardized tests such as the SAT and PSAT. The workbook’s primary target audience is high school students preparing for college admissions exams, but it can also be used by anyone who wants to improve their geometry skills.
As a workbook, the book does not have any main characters. However, it features numerous geometric figures and shapes that are used in various practice problems to illustrate different concepts. The workbook is structured into ten chapters, each focusing on a specific geometry topic. The main topics covered in each chapter are as follows:
Chapter 1: Points, Lines, and Planes
- Definition of points, lines, and planes
- Naming and notation of geometric objects
- Intersection of lines and planes
Chapter 2: Angles
- Definition of angles and angle measurement
- Types of angles
- Angle bisectors and angle addition postulate
Chapter 3: Triangles
- Definition of triangles and triangle classification
- Triangle congruence and similarity
- Pythagorean Theorem and special right triangles
Chapter 4: Quadrilaterals
- Definition of quadrilaterals and classification
- Properties of parallelograms, rectangles, and squares
- Trapezoids and kites
Chapter 5: Polygons
- Definition of polygons and classification
- Properties of regular polygons
- Interior and exterior angles of polygons
Chapter 6: Circles
- Definition of circles and circle properties
- Arcs, chords, tangents, and secants
- Circumference and area of a circle
Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry
- Coordinate planes and graphs
- Distance and midpoint formula
- Slope and equation of a line
Chapter 8: Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Definition of three-dimensional objects
- Volume and surface area of prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones, and spheres
- Similarity and congruence of three-dimensional objects
Chapter 9: Practice Problems
- Mixed practice problems covering all topics in the previous chapters
Chapter 10: Practice Test
- Full-length practice test designed to simulate the SAT and PSAT exams
Also Read: math kangaroo past papers,
The author of GEOMETRY PRACTICE WORKBOOK FOR THE SAT & PSAT is the American Math Academy. The academy is a team of experienced math educators who have developed numerous math workbooks and courses aimed at helping students improve their math skills. The academy’s mission is to provide students with the necessary tools and resources to succeed in math and achieve their academic goals.
In conclusion, GEOMETRY PRACTICE WORKBOOK FOR THE SAT & PSAT by the American Math Academy is an excellent resource for students looking to improve their geometry skills and prepare for standardized tests such as the SAT and PSAT. The book covers a wide range of geometry topics and includes over 600 practice problems with detailed solutions.
The workbook is well-structured, easy to follow, and provides ample opportunities for students to enhance their critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Overall, the book is a must-have for any student preparing for college admissions exams or anyone looking to improve their geometry skills.