A moderate voter is politically minded, located in the middle. Also, they’re not on the right side or the left. They are in between.
Moderate is derived from the Latin for “medium-sized,” and as a verb and an adjective, it refers to “middle, medium.” If you have moderate rainfall and it’s not too heavy, and it’s not too little. Goldilocks was famous for her mild taste. In the sense of a verb, it refers to “to temper,” or “to reduce from the extreme.” If you slow down when driving, you reduce your speed a little. In the event that you moderate a conversation and help at least two people to have an enjoyable discussion.
Like and Share Moderate Definition | Moderate Meaning
Some examples from the Corpus moderate* I’d classify the level of challenge as the medium.* An exercise program that is moderate is beneficial to the body.*From Cambrian time onward, temperatures had fluctuated between moderate, warm, and glacial.
The store was hit with moderate damage prior to firefighters arriving. Even moderate amounts of caffeine could trigger this peristalsis regardless of whether the body was prepared to eliminate its feces. Recent studies have shown moderate consumption of alcohol is beneficial for your health. Regular exercise, including walking and swimming, can help keep heart disease at bay.
The market was calm last Friday.• Sauté in remaining oil until it is browned to the edges and cooked to perfection, approximately 4 minutes per portion over moderate temperature. These new leaders of the church are less radical in their proposals for reform. The peasants could have been, at the very least, an instrument of social change that the moderate intellectuals lacked.
The moderate party leadership has a desire for open relationships with the west.* Frankfurt The turnover was moderate based on the expectation of rising interest rates.* A small group of conservative Republican senators moderate socialists is adamant about the idea of democratic reform, not revolutionary change.*
Fox shocked everyone by adopting an uncompromising stance on spending by the federal government. September is expected to be dry and sunny, and moderate temperatures reaching the 80s. Chrysanthemums thrive when temperatures are moderate.* Alexander performed well with moderate voters and people who changed their decision at the last moment.* Reruns of the afternoon’s race proved more successful in moderate winds.
Moderate translations are “Mo’tadil,” and Moderate synonym words are Chair, Chasten, Check Contain, Control, and Chair. The words that are similar to Moderate have been spoken in everyday conversation, such as Moderateness or Moderate Gale. Pronunciation of the roman Urdu means “Mo’tadil” and Translation of Moderate in Urdu writing script is معتدل.
- Mortal معتدل
- Atidal passand اعتدال پسند
- Salis ثالث
Moderate لفظ کا تعلق انگریزی زبان سے ہے جس کے معنی ”معتدل” کے ہیں۔ اس صفحے پر آپ اس لفظ سے متعلق تمام اہم معلومات حاصل کرسکتے ہیں جن میں ترجمہ، ہم معنی الفاظ اور تلفُظ شامل ہیں
Moderate Definition & Meaning in English
- (a. ) Limits the extent to the degree to which a particular quality, principle or faculties appear such as the infusion of strength moderate; or a man with moderate capabilities.
- (v. i. ) to preside as moderator.
- (a. ) Limits in terms of the degree of development, such as traveling at a moderate speed.
- (a. ) A word that means not violent or strenuous (a.) Not fierce or rigorous soft; mild like a mild winter.
- (a. ) A little in the way of energy, activity, or excitement; moderate and calm; as well as in moderately spoken language; moderate undertakings.
- (n.) A party within the Church of Scotland in the 18th century and the first part of the 19th century who professed the virtues of moderation in church governance, discipline, and in the doctrine.
- (a. ) It is not broad in the scope of or impact, as is the case with the reformation of a moderate type.
- (v. T.) To restrain from any excess or to decrease an extreme state or intensity to be within limits and to be temperate. to reduce; to soothe or repress; to be tempered; to define such as to temper the intensity of anger, desire and so on. to temper the intensity of wind or heat.
- (v. T.) To preside over, control or control, for example, public meetings; or as an example, to chair the synod.
- (a. ) A small amount and sparing in size and frugal. such as moderate eating or drinking or having an average meal.
- (a. ) In a controlled manner by observing acceptable limits, not over violent, extreme, or rigid; restricted or restrained
- (v. i. ) to become less violent, harsh, and rigorous such as when the wind has slowed.
- (a. ) A person who is not extreme in their opinions or partisanship, such; as an example, moderate Calvinist.
Synonyms For Moderate, Similar to Moderate
Antonyms For Moderate, Opposite to Moderate
Moderate in Islam
bu Amina Elias January 2, 2016 Character الأخلاقCommunity الجماعةEase اليسرFamily Ties صلة الرحمFasting الصيامFriday Prayer صلاة الجمعةHatred البغضةHereafter الآخرةHumanity الإنسانيةJustice العدلLove المحبةManners الأدبMarriage النكاحModeration الوسطيةPeople of the Book أهل الكتابPrayer الصلاةQuran Exegesis التفسيرSatan الشيطانUmar Ibn al-Khattab عمر بن الخطابVirtue الفضيلةWorldly Life الحياة الدنيا
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful
Islam teaches us to be moderate and balanced in all aspects of life, whether it is religion, worship, relationships, ideas, or daily activities. Principled moderation is one of the defining characteristics of good character in Islam.
وَكَذَٰلِكَ جَعَلْنَاكُمْ أُمَّةً وَسَطًا لِّتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى النَّاسِ وَيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ عَلَيْكُمْ شَهِيدًا
So, we have created a balanced community in which you will be witnesses to the community and the Messenger will serve as a witness to you.
Surat Al-Baqarah 2:143
Ar-Razi remark on this verse, stating:
The balance that is justly ( wasat) is actually the furthest place between two extremes. It is clear that both extremes of excess and excess are destructive, therefore being moderate in nature is to stay away from them and to be morally upright and ethical.
If people take things to extremes, their leaders are responsible for reining them in. If the leaders take things to the extreme, then the citizens must reign them in. The system of checks and balances among the various groups of society as well as the federal government could aid in preventing extremism and the oppression that comes from it.
In conclusion, the discussion, moderation is a fundamental concept in Islam that guides Muslims throughout their daily lives. It’s about avoiding any form of extremism that appeals to Satan that diverts us from the path of truth. Through a re-evaluation of this Islamic doctrine, Muslims can help counter the increasing extremist movements that threaten those in the Muslim population and the entire humanity.