THE GOVERNMENT SALARIES, ALLOWANCES AND PRIVILEGES ORDER., 1975 Dear in this Article we will learn about Pay Fixation Rules and Get PDF Free Download.
Short title and commencement.- (1) This Order may be called the Governors Salary, Allowance and Privileges Order, 1975.
(2) It shall come into force at once. Introduction .- In this Order, unless there is anything loathsome in the subject or context,
(a) “Acting Governor” means a persons appointees by the President to act as Governor when the Governor is absent from Pakistan or is unable to perform the functions of his office due to any cause
(b) “Family” means the Governor’s wife and such of his children, step-children, parents, brothers and sisters as ordinarily reside with and are wholly dependent upon him;
(c)“Furnishings” means pictures, paintings, curios, linen, brass-ware, cutlery, crockery, kitchen equipment, radio, radio-gram, lamps, public address system, projects, television sets of all kinds, acoustical equipment and slimier other articles;
(d)“Furniture” includes carpets, sofa sets, curtain curtains, refrigerators, air conditioners, washing machines and similar other articles;
(e) “Maintenance of things :,-(i) in relation to official residence, includes the maintenance and replenishing of furniture and furnishings, payment of local rates and taxes, maintenance of roads and electric, water gas and sanitary fixtures and installations, and the provision of electricity, gas and water; and (ii) in relation to official cars and aircraft, includes the pay and allowances of chauffeurs, pilots and other government establishment and the provision of oil and petrol department ;
(f) “official cars”, “railway saloons” and “aircraft” means such cars, railway saloons and aircraft, if any, as are from time to time provided for use by the Governor;
(g) “Official residence” means the house specified in the First Schedule and such other premises in the Province as the Governor may use as his official residence, and includes the staff quarters and other buildings apartment thereto and the gardens thereof;
(h)“ Starting Year” means a year stating on the first day of July and ending on the dated 31 June next following; and (i) other words and expressions used in this Order and not clear shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Constitution of the Pakistan .
- Annual Salary.- The annual salary to be paid to each Governor shall be seventy-two thousand rupees.
- Equipment allowance.- (1) The Governor may, on his assumption of office as Such, draw two thousand and five hundred rupees as allowance for equipping himself; Provided that, during the ten years immediately preceding the assumption of that office, had not drawn an allowance for the same purpose upon election or appointment to the office of Chairman, Speaker Minister, Governor, Chief Minister, Minister of State or Provincial Minister or a diplomatic office. The provisions of clause (1) shall not apply to an acting Governor.
5.Allowance on taking up and laying down the office.- The Governor shall be entitled to traveling allowances to the extent mentioned below for the journey from his ordinary place of residence to the official residence on taking up office and from the official residence to his ordinary place of residence on laying down office:-
(a) The original traveling expenses for the beneficiaries and his family;
(b) The cost of transporting personal servants not exceeding three, by the lowest class of accommodation and So own
(c) The cost of transporting household effects, not exceeding one hundred and twenty maunds, by goods train or steamer excluding aircraft, and his personal car, if any.
(2) No claim shall rest for any travel or transportation not performed within six months of the date of assuming or laying down office, as the case may be.
(3)The provisions of clause (1) shall not apply to an acting Governor, but there shall be paid to an acting Governor an allowance equal to his actual expenses on journey undertaken within Pakistan, with his family, if any, and his family’s effects, in connection with the taking up and relinquishment of his duties as acting Governor.
- Privilege in case of journeys from one Province to another.- A Governor shall, when traveling on official duty from one Province to another, be entitled to take with him wife, or one other member of his family, at Government expense.
7.Official residence, railway saloons, aircraft and official cars.- (1) Throughout his term of office, a Governor shall be entitled, without payment of rent or hire, to the use of his official residence, and of the railway saloons, aircraft and official cars, and no charge shall fall on him personally in respect of the maintenance thereof:
Provided that the Governor shall not, except when proceeding on or returning from leave, be entitled to the use of the railway saloons, aircraft or official cars during any period for which he is on leave. (2) The provisions of clause (1) shall also apply to the family of a Governor.
8.Sumptuous allowance and other allowances.- There shall be paid in each year to a Governor-
(a) an allowance for expenses connected with the purposes specified in the Second Schedule not exceeding the maximum amounts specified in that Schedule:
Provided that the Governor may, without exceeding the maximum specified in column 7 of the said Second Schedule, re appropriate, whenever necessary, form any sub-head in that Schedule to any other sub-head therein, except to or from the sub-heads relating to sumptuous allowance;
(b) The allowance for expenses attach the betterment and retain of the official residence and the maintenance of the furniture and furnishing thereof, not exceeding the maximum amount, specified in the Third Schedule: Provided that the Governor may, without exceeding the maximum specified in column 9 of the third Schedule, re appropriate, whenever necessary, from any sub-head in that Schedule to any other sub-head therein.
9.Payment on account of deferred pay, etc., of officers.- Nothing in this Order shall apply to any payment on account of the deferred pay, leave, salaries, allowances, cost of passages or increments due to any officer provision for whose pay is made in the Second Schedule, and the amount of such payment shall be in addition to the maximum amounts specified in that scheduled
10.Payment of further amounts.- There shall, from time to time be paid to a Governor, for the replacement of official cars, and any other purposes considered necessary to enable him to discharge conveniently and with dignity the duties of his office, such further amounts as the President may, by general or special order, authorize, and any such order may be given retrospective effect whenever necessary.
11.Amounts to be included in estimates of expenditure.- The Governor shall determine, subject to any general or special order of the President, the amounts to be in any year in the estimates of expenditure for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of this Order, and such amounts charged upon and paid out of the Provincial Consolidated Fund.
12.Compensation in case of air accident.- The Governor, while travelling by air on official duty, by any flight, scheduled or non-scheduled (including flight in a Government-owned aircraft of any type) dies or receives an injury as a result of an accident, the Government shall pay to the person or persons referred to in clause (2) the total amount of 1500000 (one lakh and fifty thousand rupees) , in the case of death that person , and an amount to be set on by the Government having regard to scales of payment applied by insurance companies in such cases, in the case of injury.
The compensation shall be payable in the case of injury, to the Governor, and, in the case of death, to such member or members of his family or, if there be no such member, such other person as may be nominated by him, and in the absence of such nomination to his heirs. (3) A nomination under clause (2) may be made, and may also revoked or altered, by a notice in writing signed by the Governor and addressed to the Accounts Officer concerned.
- Leave of absence.- (1) The President may grant to a Governor-
(a) during his term of office, at one time or from time to time, leave of absence for urgent reasons of health or private affairs, for a period not exceeding four months in the aggregate: Provided that the President may extend this period of four months in which case the reasons for the extension shall be recorded in a minute
(b) Upon the conclusion of his term of office, leave(to which the provisions of the next succeeding clause shall apply) for a single not exceeding four months, or, if any leave has been availed of during the term of office, the difference between four months and the period of leave availed of; (2) The leave allowance of a Governor shall be at the rate of three thousand rupees per mensem; Provided that, in the case of a Governor appointed from Government service, the rate of leave allowance shall, if the rate admissible to him immediately before his appointment is higher than the rate admissible to him under this Order as a Governor, be that former rate. (3) Where payment is made in dollars, the rate of exchange taken shall be the rulling on that day of payment or on the last day of the month in respect of which the payment is made, whichever first occurs. (4) An acting Governor shall not be entitled to any leave allowance.
- Medical facilities.- The Governor that person and the family of the Governor shall be qualify medical facilities in accordance with the Special Medical Attendance Rules: As long as he and his family shall usually be allow to receive medical treatment at his residence.
15 Customs-duties or sales tax not leviable on certain articles.- (1) No Customs-duties or sales tax shall be levied on the following articles if imported or purchased out of bond by a Governor on appointment or during his tenure of office, namely:-
- Articles for the personal use, wear or consumption of the Governor or any member of the family of the Governor provided that the cost thereof shall not exceed fifteen thousand rupees per annul;
- One car, the cost of which shall not exceed fifty thousand rupees, for his personal use during the tenure of his office;
- foodstuffs and tobacco for consumption by a Governor, members of his family and his guests, whether official or not;
- Articles for furnishing of the Governor’s official residence; and official cars or aircraft.
(2) No Customs-duties or sales tax shall be levied on tobacco imported by manufactures in Pakistan for the manufacture of cigarettes, and no excise duty shall be levied on indigenous tobacco used in Pakistan in the manufacture of cigarettes and in cigarettes manufactured in Pakistan, when such cigarettes are for consumption by a Governor, members of his family or the guests referred to in paragraph (c) clause (1). (3) No excise duty shall be levied on indigenous petrol and petroleum products when such petrol or petroleum products are for use in the cars and aircraft.
- Provident Funds.- A governor may, at his option, become a take to the General Provident Fund; and if he so opts, he shall take to the Funds as compulsory follower in accordance with the General Provident Fund (Central Services) Rules.
- Order to have effect to instructions, etc.- This Order shall have effect subject to such instructions, rules exceptions, further concessions easements, as the President may, from time to time, prescribe or grant.
Subscribe Pay Fixation Rules PDF Free Download
- Everyday science book PDF Free Download .
- Diets’s Encyclopedia Free PDF |Quranmualim|.
- Class 4 e Learn Punjab Textbooks free PDF eBooks download.
- Class 3 e Learn Punjab Textbooks free PDF eBooks download.
- Class 2 e Learn Punjab Textbooks free PDF eBooks download.
- Class 1 e Learn Punjab Textbooks free PDF eBooks download.
All Notification (Quranmualim)
Computer Allowances. doc (Quranmualim)
GOVRNOR’S SALARY.doc (Quranmualim)
Pay Revision Rules(U).doc (Quranmualim)
PAY SCALE PUNJAB.doc (Quranmualim)
Pay_Revision_Rules PDF (Quranmualim)
scal-2001 XLS (Quranmualim)
scal-2001-2 XLS (Quranmualim)
Allowances and Pay Scales from 1949 till date
About CEO Al-Asad Online
Hafiz Abdul Hameed
Master In Islamic Studies
Web Content Writer
Blogger, SEO Expert
WhatsApp: +92 3017363500