Muādh ibn Jabal narrates, “I heard the Messenger of another for My Majesty and Grandeur will have pulpits of Allah saying: ‘Allah has said: ‘Those who love for the sake of Allah, and Prophets and martyrs will feel delighted for them.’”(Tirmidhi, al-Jami-us-sahih (4:597#2390)
- Manawi, Fayd-ul-qadir (4:485)
- Mizzi, Tahdhib-ul-kamal (34:292)
- Mubarakpuri, Tuhfat-ul-ahwadhi (7:56)
- Tirmidhi, al-Jami-us-sahih (4:597#2390
- Mundhiri, at-Targhib wat-tarhib (4:11#4576)
- Haythami, Mawarid-uz-zaman (p. 622#2510)
- Ibn Qayyim, Hashiyah ala Sunan Abu Dawud (14:21)
- Abu Nuaym, Hilyat-ul-awliya wa tabaqat-ul-asfiya (2:131)
Umar ibn Khattab narrates that the Holy Prophet said, “Indeed there are some exalted servants of Allah who are neither Prophets nor martyrs. On the Day of Resurrection the Prophets and martyrs will exult over their position conferred upon them by Allah.” The Companions asked: The Prophet of Allah said that who love the people love for the sake of Allah”. By Allah their faces will be radiant and they will (sit) on light. They will neither fear when people fear nor grieve when people grieve
- Hanad, az-Zuhd (1:272#475)
- Abu Dawud, as-Sunan (3:288#3527)
- Bayhaqi, Shuab-ul-iman (6:486#8998)
- Ibn Abd-ul-Barr, at-Tamhid (17:436)
- Ibn Jawzi, Zad-ul-masir fi ilm at-tafsir (4:43)
- Ibn Abi Hatim, Tafsir-ul-Quran al-azim (6:1963, 1964)
- Hakim declared it sahih (sound) in al-Mustadrak (4:188#318) and related it through Abdullah ibn Umar. Dhahabi also agreed with him.
- Abu Nuaym transmitted it in Hilyat-ul-awliya wa tabaqat-ul-asfiya (1:5) with a reliable chain of narrators.
- Abu Saud, Irshad-ul-aql as-salim ila mazaya al-Quran al-karim (4:159)
- Suyuti said in ad-Durr-ul-manthur fit-tafsir bil-manthur (4:372) apart from Abu Dawud, Hanad, Ibn Jarir, Ibn Abi Hatim, Ibn Mardawiyyah, Abu Nuaym related it in Hilayat-ul-awliya wa tabaqat-ul-asfiya and Bayhaqi in Shuab-ul-iman. Their faces will be bright and they will sit on pulpits of light. They will not fear when people are fearful, and they will not be sad when people are distressed.
- Abu Yala, al-Musnad (10:495#6110)
- Bayhaqi, Shuab-ul-iman (6:485#8997)
- Ibn Hibban, as-Sahih (2:332,333#573)
- Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Quran al-azim (2:422)
- Nasai, as-Sunan-ul-kubra (6:362#11236)
- Haythami, Mawarid-uz-zaman (p. 621#2508)
- Mundhiri said in at-Targhib wat-tarhib (4:12#4581) Nasai has transmitted it and Ibn Hibban has related it in as-Sahih. Tabarari narrated it in Jami-ul-bayan fi tafsir al-Quran (11:132) through the same chain of transmission as given by Ibn Hibban. Suyuti said in ad-Durr-ul-manthur fit-tafsir bil-mathur (4:372) Ibn Abi Dunya, Ibn Jarir, Ibn Mundhir, Abu Shaykh, Ibn Mardawiyyah and Bayhaqi have related it through Abu Huraira.
On right of Rahman and both His Prophets nor martyrs. The light of their faces will be dazzling the viewers’ vision. The Prophets and martyrs will marvel at couches and nearness to Allah.’ It was asked, ‘Who are they, O Messenger of Allah?’ The Holy Prophet said, ‘They are the people from different tribes who assemble to remember Allah). They choose beautiful words for remembrance of Allah as a date-eater selects the best dates.’
- Haythami said in Majma-uz-zawaid (10:77) Tabarani has transmitted it and its transmitters are thiqah (trustworthy).
- Mundhiri said in at-Targhib wat-tarhib (2:261#2326) Tabarani has related this tradition.
- Hindi said in Kanz-ul-ummal (10:248#29326) Tabarani has narrated it through Amr ibn Abasah.
- Suyuti, ad-Durr-ul-manthur fit-tafsir bil-manthur (1:368)
Abu Mālik Ash‘ari narrates, “I was with the Holy Prophet when this verse was sent down: ‘Do not ask about things which, if made manifest, might do you harm.’” He says, “We asked the Beloved Messenger of Allah questions to which he replied: ‘Some of the servants of Allah are those who are neither Prophets nor martyrs. But on the Day of Resurrection Prophets and martyrs will exult over their nearness to Allah and the couches granted to them by Him.’ A Bedouin, sitting on a side, bowing on the knees, strucking his both hands ashamed,O Allah messenger inform us about those who they are. I LOOKED THE holy face of lovely messenger of Allah He said, ‘They are the people who come from different areas . They also try to surpass each other in spending in the way of Allah. They love each other love for the sake of Allah. Allah will brighten their faces. Allah will place pulpits of pearls for them in front Him. On that day men shall be obsessed until dread but they shall not be fearful men shall be sad but they shall be happy.’”
- Harith, al-Musnad (2:993#1109)
- Ibn Mubarak, az-Zuhd (1:248#814)
- Mamar ibn Rashid, al-Jami (11:201,202)
- Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-kabir (3:290#3433)
- Bayhaqi, Shuab-ul-iman (6:486,487#9001)
- Hakeem Tirmidhi, Nawadir-u-usul fi ahadith ar-rasul (4:82)
- Ahmad ibn Hambal related this tradition in al-Musnad (5:343) with a more detailed version.
- Ahmad ibn Hambal also narrated the same tradition briefly in alMusnad (5:341).
- Haythami copied the lengthy narration of Ahmad ibn Hambal in Majma-uz-zawaid (10:276), and commented that Tabarani also narrated a tradition similar to this. Haythami declared its chain of narrators thiqah (reliable). Haythami reported the same narration in Majma-uz-zawaid (10:277) with slightly different words and also said it has been related by Abu Yala.
Book of Emaan English PDF
Faith-in-predestination English PDF
love-for-Allah English PDF
About CEO Al-Asad Online
Hafiz Abdul Hameed
Master In Islamic Studies
Web Content Writer
Blogger, SEO Expert
WhatsApp: +92 3017363500