Today, we will examine the simple but powerful dua that you might have heard of it’s called Allahumma Innaka “‘afuwwun tuhibbul-safe.
It was commanded by Prophet Muhammad () that on the evening of the frail, or Lailat-ul Qadr, it was the best to pray by reciting this prayer.
REWARDS OF SAYING ALLAHUMMA INNAKA ‘AFUWWUN DURING LAILATUL QADR
The night of decree is the most divine, and it was the night that the first verses of the Qur’an were given the Muhammad (the Prophet). Muhammad ().
It is one of the last ten nights during Ramadan. It is more likely to occur on an odd-numbered night in the final 10 days.
To appreciate how significant this night is, we must look up in the Quran, Surah Al Qadr. It’s a very short surah that has only five Ayat. From this, we can understand the significance of this night. Indeed, we have sent the Qur’an down on that Night of Decree.
allahumma barik’ala muhammad-in-wa’ala ali muhammad
What can you do to be aware of”the Night of Decree?
The Night of Decree is better than a thousand years.
The angels, as well as the Spirit, descend upon them with the permission of their Lord in all matters.
Peace is the only thing that can be guaranteed until dawn comes around.
The Quran stresses the weight of this moment, and this one night is more than a thousand months, that is more than the duration of 83 years!
This night, the commandment from Allah was revealed. This is why it is an important night.
The exact hadith that refers to the Prophet Muhammad transmitting this message is found in Sunan Ibn Majah:
HADITH ON NIGHT OF DECREE
It was reported from ‘Aishah , that she had said: “O Messenger of Allah, what do you think I should say in my supplication if I come upon Laylatul-Qadr?” He stated: “Say: ‘Allahumma innaka “‘afuwwun Tuhibbul-‘afwa (O Allah, You are forgiven and loving forgiveness, therefore please forgive me).’
DUA IN ARABIC:
The Arabic dua is written in Arabic. The duas are written.
Transliteration: Allahumma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul afwa fa’fu annee
ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE DUA:
The meaning of this dua in English is “O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me” or “O Allah, You are Pardoning and love to pardon, so pardon me.”
ONLY FOR RAMADAN?
Some people believe that the dua should be performed every day during Ramadan. But, there isn’t any basis for this claim. In the hadith, only one specific date mentioned to recite this dua is to be recited for laylatul Qadr.
However, this does not mean that it’s only for this only. This is a prayer that can be recited anytime one wants to seek mercy from the Lord.
THE ADDITION OF KAREEM, CORRECT OR INCORRECT?
The text of Jami At-Tirmidhi 3513, there is some confusion since this hadith is a variant to the dua by using an additional word Kareem or Karim which means the most generous or kind.
Transliteration: allahumma innaka afuwwun kareem tuhibbul afwa fa’fu anni
Meaning: O Allah, indeed You are Pardoning, [Generous] You love to pardon, so pardon me.
This minor variation isn’t the original the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (). This doesn’t make the dua a mistake; Allah loves any act of worship. The motivation or the niyyah of this dua is pure.
The difference is rewarded. The dua that includes the variant Kareem which is probably an error made by an scribe will be rewarded. Another time, Allah will reward the one that is modest and exhibits humility in asking for forgiveness. On a scale of one to 10 it would be an unqualified dua.
Reciting a dua in Tawf prior to or following sadaqah, when in difficulty or during Ramadan during the last 10 nights, raises the value of the dua.
Similar to using the language of Arabic or adhering to the precisely the dua of the Quran or sticking to the original, the Prophet Muhammad’s narration would be more beneficial.
Therefore, it’s best to stick to the original version “Allahumma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul afwa fa’fu anni”.
Benefits Of Dua Allahumma Innaka Afuwwun
The prayer ” Oh God, you are a pardon, you love forgiveness, so pardon me” is a powerful prayer that has numerous positives and virtues. These include the following:
- It is recommended to request forgiveness from Allah the Highest, at all times, especially on Night of Power. Night of Power.
- The process of removing his sins and purifying from them, and pardoning one’s sins, one can get a the highest reward and honor.
- Since that’s the way God The Highest, told His servants to perform by way of forgiveness and speeding up to perform good.
- Being near being close to Allah He is the highest, and offering many pleadings to Him asking for His pardon and forgiveness, since His forgiveness covers the entirety of His creation as well as all sins, excluding the association of other people with Him.
- Allah says in Surah Nisa verse 48;
- In reality, Allah does not forgive associations with Him However; He does forgive those who are less than for whom He chooses. Anyone who associates with others with Allah is undoubtedly guilty of committing the gravest sin.
- The scholars explained that the purpose of al-Afuww was to accept the fairness of people, that is, the easiest thing to do.
- Accept it and do not make it difficult for them , nor make the rope tighter.
- Be kind and forgive others.
- This is among the etiquettes in the Qur’an and one must be kind towards Adam’s children. Adam by showing the mercy of God.
- The basis of reference is that the most effective prayers to make during Night of Decree Night of Decree is:
O Allah O Allah, You are the The Most Forgiving and You are fond of forgiveness, so please forgive me.
When To Recite Allahumma Innaka ‘Afuwwun?
This Dua is said during the night of power or decree (Lailatul Qadr) in your sujood or following prayers. It is also possible to say it in the absence of this month Ramadan.
|The Holy Quran||El Coran|
|Mushaf al-Madinah||Quran French|
|The Clear Quran||Tajweed Rules|
|Quran Kareem||The Study Quran|
|The 99 Names of Allah||Laylat-ul-Qadr|