In The Shade of The Qur’an Vol. 6 (Al-A’raf) – Since its 1400 year anniversary, the Qur’an is a guide and inspiration book, a reference point and a rich source for social and moral dynamism. It has also been the foundation of hundreds of millions of believers around the globe who consider it the immutable word and truth of God. It seems like every generation is attempting to understand the Qur’an’s meanings and gain a deeper understanding of its universal message from a modern perspective.
Suggested Read: Quran French, The Quran: English Translation, Textual Criticism and Qur’an Manuscripts
In The Shade of The Qur’an Vol. 6 (Al-A’raf) is much more than another commentary. However, it isn’t too far-reaching or outrageous to be considered a new interpretation. It’s a sincere, honest and sober examination of man’s current achievements and problems in light of the Qur’an’s message. It’s an attempt to vigorously explore its wisdom and expand its invaluable guidance in the interest of a more ‘sophisticated’ but highly perplexed society.
The Qur’an Vol. 6 (Al-A’raf) – This work, Sayyid Qutb’s most extensive and profound, covers the entire Qur’an text. It was completed over 15 years. Most of it was spent in Egyptian prisons during the 1950s and 60s. It contains Sayyid Qutb’s insights, highly regarded intellectual vigor and widely-acclaimed literary prowess.
In The Shade of The Qur’an Vol. 6 (Al-A’raf) has been widely recognized as an outstanding contribution in Islamic thought and scholarship to which scholars and students, as well as current Islamic revivalist movements around the globe, owe a lot. It is now available in English and will continue to inspire and educate millions more. It will be an indispensable reference work for understanding contemporary Islamic thought.
Sayid Qutb was killed after a vigorous struggle for his cause. The Intellectual level is where the struggle of the author is expressed in a series of books dedicated to Islam, the most significant of which is “In the Shade of the Qur’an”.
This volume covers the Surah
Surah Al-An’am is the only one
Author: Syed Qutb died true to his teachings and for the principles he stood for. A military court founded by Nasser sentenced him to death and executed him. He wrote his jihad against all the jahiliyya he saw around him.
Born in Egypt in 1906 and executed by Gamal Abdu-l-Nasser’s Regime in 1966.
Qutb began his career as an inspector of schools at the Egyptian Ministry of Education. Qutb also attempted to become a writer. He published a few books, but not much success. In Travels to USA, Qutb received a master’s degree at the Colorado State College of Education.
In 1951 Qutb went back to Egypt and joined the Muslim Brotherhood. 1952 saw the First edition of his commentary In the Shade of the Qur’an (Fi Zilal al Qur’an). This work would have 29 additional volumes. 1954: He and many others were arrested and sentenced together to long imprisonment. They were released in 1964 after ten years.
In 1965, he was again arrested for. He is allegedly part of the plot to assassinate President Gamal Abdul l-Nasser. After being convicted in the plot of 1965, he was executed on 29 August 1966. His Soul may Allah Bless him
The Qur’an Vol. 6 (Al-A’raf) -Adil Salahi is a teacher at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education in Leicester, England. After several years working with the BBC Arabic Service, he moved to the Arabic daily al-Sharq al-Awsat. He continues to publish articles in many Publications, including Arab News and many Online Publications. . He translated and worked on most of the volumes of Sayyid Qutb’s commentary, In the Shade of the Quran.
- 1.In The Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-1 (Surah 1 & 2)
- 2. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-2, (Surah 3: (2)
- 3. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-3, (Surah 4),
- 4. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-4 (Surah 5 5)
- 5. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-5, (Surah 6)
- 6. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-6, (Surah 7)
- 7. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-7 (Surah 8)
- 8. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-8, (Surah 9)
- 9. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-9, (Surahs ten-11)
- 10. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-10 (Surahs 12-15)
- 11. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-11 (Surahs 16, 20)
- 12. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-12 (Surahs 21, 25)
- 13. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-13 [Surahs 23-32]
- 14. In the Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-14 (Surahs33-39)
- 15. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-15, (Surahs 41-47)
- 16. In the Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-16, (Surahs48-61)
- 17. In the Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-17 (Surahs 662-77)
- 18. In the Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-18 (Surahs. 78-114)
- Publisher : The Islamic Foundation
- Language : English
- Paperback : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0860373827
- ISBN-13 : 978-0860373827
- Weight : 1.23 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 1.25 x 9.25 inches