Arabic-English-Arabic Translation: Issues and Strategies is an accessible course book for students and practitioners of Arabic-English-Arabic translation. The book is focused on the main problems and issues that affect the area. It offers clear guidance on the most efficient ways to address these issues. It allows users to gain a better understanding and enhance their ability to translate.
Suggested Read: The Silk Roads , History of the World, World War I, The Islamic World by Ladan Akbarnia, Nahj al-Balagha, Lost Islamic History, Stranger The History, Realizing Islam, Prophet Muhammad
The most important characteristics are:
- The emphasis is on translation of Arabic to English in both directions. This prepares students for real-life experiences of people working in the field.
- In-depth discussion of the most important issues of phraseology, language variations and translation as well as the legal technology for translation and translating both in Arabic and English translation
- Original texts of each chapter sourced from a variety of sources throughout all over the Arab world, to provide an overview of the ways that people are using Arabic in their everyday lives.
- Texts from the source, followed by examples of translation strategies, and specific explanations, to illustrate the most effective methods and strategies of translation.
- A variety of activities to enable students to test their newly acquired skills and knowledge
- It covers a range of subjects that deal with languages and genres that provide multidimensional perspectives, as well as an range of depth and variety in the field of learning.
- A checklist of recommended readings as well as other sources for every topic being debated.
- The glossary is thorough and is located at the book’s end.
Suggested Read: The Afghanistan File , Islam in Saudi Arabia, Top Seller: Islamic Art by Luca Mozzati, Jewish Morocco, Kingdoms of Faith and Islamic History For Kids: Story of Uhud
Lucid and practical in its approach, Arabic-English-Arabic Translation: Issues and Strategies will be an indispensable resource for intermediate to advanced students of Arabic. It will also be of great interest to professional translators working in Arabic-English-Arabic translation.
- Publisher : LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing(April 10, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 56 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3659697664
- ISBN-13 : 978-3659697661
- Item Weight : 3.17 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.91 x 0.13 x 8.66 inches