This volume of Sayyid Qutb’s tafsir commentary on the Qur’an covers Surah 12 Yusuf-Surah15 Al-Hijr (The Rocky Tract).
In The Shade Of The Qur’an – Volume 10 Fi Zilal al Qur’an
Surahs Yusuf – Al-Hijr
By Sayyid Qutb
M.A. translated and edited Salahi
Paperback 428 pages
Publisher: The Islamic Foundation
About the Book
Sayid Qutb was imprisoned and then executed for his vigorous struggle to implement Islam in society. The Intellectual level is where the struggle of the author is expressed in a series of books dedicated to Islam, the most significant of which is “In the Shade of the Qur’an”.
The In the Shade of the Qur’an has been widely recognized as a significant contribution to Islamic thought, scholarship and thought. Students and scholars around the globe owe this book a lot. It is now available in English and will continue to inspire and educate millions more. It will be an indispensable reference work for understanding contemporary Islamic thought.
Surah is covered:
Sayyid Qtb. He lived up to his teachings and died for the principles he stood by. A military court founded by Nasser sentenced him to death and executed him. He wrote his jihad against all the jahiliyya he saw around him.
1906 – Born in Musha, northern Egypt. 1930’s and 1940s: Qutb starts working as an inspector of schools for Egypt’s Ministry of Education. Qutb also attempts to become a writer. He publishes a few books, but not much success. 1948: Receives a master’s from the Colorado State College of Education and travels to the USA to study the educational system.
1951: Qutb returns home to Egypt and joins the Muslim Brotherhood. (Ikhwan ul Muslim). 1952: The first volume of his commentary In the Shade of the Qur’an is published (Fi Zilal al-Qur’an). This work would have 29 additional volumes.
1954: He is taken into custody and sentenced to a long time imprisonment with many others members of the Ikhwan. 1964: Qutb is freed after ten years imprisonment. 1965: Arrest again for allegedly being part of the plot to assassinate President Gamal Abdu-l-Nasser. 1966 August 29: Executed following a 1965 plot. May Allah Bless His Soul
“Ha Mim. This book was bestowed by God, Almighty the Wise. “Surely, signs are available in heaven and earth for those who believe.” – (TMQur’an al Jathiya 45 : 1-3).
Adil Salhi teachers, Markfield Institute of Higher Education in Leicester, England. After several years working with the BBC Arabic Service, he moved to the Arabic daily al-Sharq al-Awsat. He continues to publish articles in many publications, including Arab News and many Online Publications. He translated and worked on most of the volumes of Sayyid Qutb’s commentary In the Shade of the Qur’an.
- In The Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-1 (Surah 1 & 2)
- 2. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-2, (Surah 3: (2)
- 3. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-3, (Surah 4),
- 4. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-4 (Surah 5 5)
- 5. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-5, (Surah 6)
- 6. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-6, (Surah 7)
- 7. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-7 (Surah 8)
- 8. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-8, (Surah 9)
- 9. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-9, (Surahs ten-11)
- 10. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-10 (Surahs 12-15)
- 11. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-11 (Surahs 16, 20)
- 12. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Vol-12 (Surahs 21, 25))
- 13. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-13 [Surahs 23-32]
- 14. In The Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-14 (Surahs33-39)
- 15. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-15, (Surahs 41-47)
- 16. In The Shadow Of The Qur’an Volume-16, (Surahs48-61)
- 17. In The Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-17 (Surahs 662-77)
- 18. In The Shade Of The Qur’an Vol-18 (Surahs. 78-114)
- Publisher : The Islamic Foundation
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0860373940
- ISBN-13 : 978-0860373940
- Weight : 1.28 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches