This beloved classic, which was published 40 years ago, is still as popular today. This well-known nursery rhyme is brought to life by clever die-cut holes. Pam Adams’ illustrations add humour, vibrancy and humor to the proceedings. Illustrator(s): Adams, Pam. Classic Books with Holes Cover. Num Pages: 16 pages with 16 colour illustrations.
This beloved classic remains popular almost forty years after its publication. This well-loved nursery rhyme is brought to life by clever die-cut holes. Top Collection age wise: A Collection of Stories for 1-Year-Olds – Nursery rhymes, A Collection of Stories for 2-Year-Olds – Nursery rhymes, A Collection of Stories for 3-Year-Olds – Nursery rhymes ,A Collection of Stories for 4-Year-Olds – Nursery rhymes and A Collection of Stories for 5-Year-Olds – Nursery rhymes
About the Author
Pam Adams was born in 1919, in Swindon in Wiltshire. As a child, she was always drawn so Swindon Art College was the right place for her to start formal art training. After several years studying at London’s Central School of Art, she became a graphic artist in various agencies around the city in the 50’s/60’s.
She teamed up again with Michael Twinn, who had just founded Child’s Play when she returned to Swindon during the 70’s. The best-selling title in Child’s Play is her 1972 book, “There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly”.
Bright, vivid colors, attractive shapes, and attention to detail make her photographs a hit with children.
Pam began her career in writing with the “Mrs Honey” series. She was a valuable member of the Child’s Play team because of her beautiful artwork, sense for humor, and versatility.
Pam worked nearly 40 years for Child’s Play, illustrating her last book, a prequel for ‘There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly’ (2006).
- Publisher : Child’s Play International; New Ed edition (November 1, 2000)
- Language : English
- Board book : 16 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0859537277
- ISBN-13 : 978-0859537278
- Reading age : 2 – 4 years
- Lexile measure : AD390L
- Item Weight : 6.7 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.3 x 0.47 x 6.22 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #45,079 in Books (See Excellent 100 in Books)
- #74 in Nursery Rhymes
- #274 in Poetry for Early Learning
Explore the excellent world of children’s literature by continuing to explore our selection of the best children’s novels, our favorite fairy tales, our fascinating facts, and our collection interesting Harry Potter facts. You can also relax and enjoy these classic baby poems i.e My Mouth Is A Volcano, The Most Magnificent Thing, Can I Be Your Dog?, Grumpy Monkey Party Time!, Here We Are, The Gruffalo , Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed Padded, The Itsy Bitsy Spider: Chew Proof, 8 Little Planets, and Grumpy Monkey’s Little Book of Grumpiness
All Books For Babies Aged 0-2
Babies Books in Order
Did you read Babies Book ages 0-2” on the way? Which one you are reading—and how it is similar to one of this? If you really enjoy Babies Book ages 0-2 then also read these books of the same categories.
- 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle
- Baby Goes to Market by Atinuke
- Barnyard Dance! by Sandra Boynton
- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
- Bear Snores On – Picture Book by Karma Wilson
- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
- On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
- Brave in the Water by Stephanie Wildman
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- How Fletcher Was Hatched by Wende Devlin
- Jamberry Board book by Bruce Degen
- Ten Little Monkeys by Tina Freeman
- Ten Little Rabbits by Virginia Grossman
- The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Going-To-Bed by Sandra Boynton
- The Rainbow Fish Hardcover By Marcus Pfister
- The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Spooky Wheels on the Bus by J. Elizabeth Mills
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
- The Little Red Caboose by Marian Potter
- Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy by Jacky Davis
- Little White Rabbit Board Book by Kevin Henkes
- Steam Train, Dream Train by Sherri Duskey Rinker
- Ten Little Caterpillars Hardcover by Bill Martin Jr
- But Not the Hippopotamus by Sandra Boynton
- The Monster At The End of This Book by Jon Stone
- The Napping House (Board Book) by Audrey Wood
Learn More Books
Explore PDF books, The Amazing Discovery’s of Children Poems. Learn about Islamic Knowledge, Quran Tafseer and Quran 16 Line. Read author blogs.
Reader Questions and Answers
Ask QuranMualim a question about There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly – This Book was something you enjoyed, I would be grateful if you shared it with your friends on Twitter and WhatsApp. We are grateful!