Jan Brett’s Gingerbread Baby will not be eaten in this delightful twist to a Christmastime favorite tale.
When Matti opens the oven to quickly, a gingerbread bay emerges. Matti’s father and mother, the dog, and the cat lead him on a wild chase through the village, into the forest, where he stays just out of reach and dares them to catch him.
Matti is not there. He is at home making what turns out be a gingerbread house, into which the Gingerbread Baby runs. Matti is the only one who knows that he’s inside. Readers will feel the same when they see him under the gingerbread house that lifts-the-flap at the end.
For Babies Aged 0-2 Books in Order
Best Baby Books are released in lot of formats like Kindle, Paperback, Hardcover, Audio book, Audio CD, Library binding.For Babies Aged 0-2 in Series. Click on it.
|Sr No||Kid’s Books||Book Format|
|1||Barnyard Dance!||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|2||Goodnight Moon||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|3||Ten Little Rabbits||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|4||The Color Kittens||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|5||Ten Little Monkeys||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|6||The Going-To-Bed||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|7||Brave in the Water||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|8||The Napping House||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|9||The Runaway Bunny||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|10||Ten Little Caterpillars||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|11||Baby Goes to Market||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|12||The Very Busy Spider||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|13||Llama Llama Red Pajama||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|14||Brown Bear, Brown Bear||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|15||Chicka Chicka Boom Boom||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|16||On the Night You Were Born||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|17||10 Little Rubber Ducks||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|18||The Tale of Peter Rabbit||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|19||The Little Red Caboose||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|20||How Fletcher Was Hatched||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|21||Steam Train, Dream Train||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|22||The Little Engine That Could||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|23||Bear Snores On – Picture Book||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|24||The Rainbow Fish Hardcover||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|25||Little White Rabbit Board Book||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|26||But Not the Hippopotamus||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|27||The Spooky Wheels on the Bus||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|28||Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|29||The Monster At The End of This Book||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
|30||Jamberry Board book||Hardcover Paperback Board Book|
About the Author
Jan Brett, one of America’s most prominent illustrators of children’s books, has over 34% million books. Jan lives near her childhood home in Massachusetts on the Massachusetts coast. Her family moves to Massachusetts in the summer, and then she goes to Berkshire Hills.
Jan Brett was an illustrator as a child. She spent hours drawing and reading books. She recalls, “I can remember the quiet of rainy day when I felt like I could go into the pages of my beautiful picture book.” I now try to recreate the feeling of believing that the place I draw really does exist. My work is detailed, which helps me believe, and I hope that others will too, that these places may be real.
She spent hours at the Museum of Fine Arts as a student of the Boston Museum School. She says, “It was overwhelming seeing the large-scale landscapes and tall stone sculptures, then moments later it was easy to focus on delicately embroidered Kimonos and antique porcelain.” “I am delighted and amazed when I get fragments from these beautiful images back to me in the painting.”
It is also an inspiration to travel. Jan, along with Joe Hearne (a member of Boston Symphony Orchestra), travels to many countries in search of the architecture and costumes. “From cave paintings, Norwegian sleighs, and Japanese gardens, I study the traditions from the many countries that I visit and use these as a starting point to write my children’s books.”
- Publisher : G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers (October 4, 1999)
- Language : English
- Library Binding : 32 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0399234446
- ISBN-13 : 978-0399234446
- Reading age : 4 – 8 years
- Lexile measure : AD580L
- Grade level : Preschool – 3
- Item Weight : 1.06 pounds only
- Dimensions : 9.31 x 0.39 x 11.25 inches
Question and Answer
- Which characters are of the story?
- Where is it set used in the story?
- What are the steps Matti and his mother?
- What happens when Matti gets the oven open?
- Where the Gingerbread Baby goes as he is able to escape.
- What exactly does Matti do when the other kids chase after The Gingerbread Baby?
- What do this Gingerbread Baby find at the at the end of his travels?
- What is the reason you believe there are crumbs left over?
- Talk about it and ask yourself about what you expect to happen next to the tale?
- What other stories have read that reminded you of this story?
Best Children’s Books -For Infants Aged 1-3
- All the World
- How to Catch a Star
- Old Bear by Jane Hissey
- Color Zoo by Lois Ehlert
- A Bear Called Paddington
- Make Way for Ducklings
- Theres A Bear On My Chair
- I Took the Moon for a Walk
- Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems
- Millions of Cats by Wanda Gág
- Freight Train by Donald Crews
- Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
- I Was So Mad by Mercer Mayer
- Pirate Pete’s Potty by Ladybird
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- Little Elliot, Big City by Mike Curato
- Izzy Gizmo Hardcover by Pip Jones
- Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor
- Happy Birthday, Moon by Frank Asch
- Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth
- Scuffy the Tugboat by C. Gregory Crampton
- Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino
Learn More about the Islamic Books
Explore PDF books, The Amazing Children Books in Order of A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond. Learn about Islamic Knowledge, Quran Tafseer and Quran 16 Line. Read author blogs.
Questions and Answers
Ask QuranMualim a question about Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
If you really enjoy —– then also read these Children Poems of the same genre! I would be grateful if you shared it with your friends on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter ,Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn. We are grateful!