Juz’ ‘Amma – In this Article We will learn and Get about In The Shade of The Qur’an Vol.18 (Juz’ ‘Amma) by Sayyid Qutb,
|1||Al-Fatiha & Al-Baqara (1-2)|
|9||Yunus & Hud (10-11)|
|10||Yusuf. Ar-Ra’d. Ibrahim & Al Hijr (12-15).|
|11||Al-Nahl and Al-Isra, Al–Kahf, Maryam, and Taha (16-20 ).|
|12||Al-Anbiya, Al-Hajj, Al-Muminun, Al-Nur, Al-Furqan (21-25)|
|13||Al-Shu’ara Al-Naml, Al-Qasas, Al-Ankabut, Al-Rum, Luqman & Al- Sajdah (26-32)|
|14||Al-Ahzab, Saba, ,Fatir, Ya Sin, Al-Saffa, Sad, Al- Zumar (32-39)|
|15||40-Ghafir, 41- Fussilat, 42- Al-Shura (Consultation), 43- Al-Zukhruf (Gold), 44- Al-Dukhan (Smoke), 45- Al-Jathiyah [Kneeling Down] 46- Al-Ahqaf Sand Dunes 47- Muhammad|
|16||Surah’s 48-61 Al Fath and Al-Saff|
|17||Surah’s 62–77 Al-Jumu’ah – Al– Mursalat|
|18||Juz Amma An-Naba’ – an-Nas (78-114)|
Since its 1400 year anniversary, the Qur’an is a guide and inspiration book, a reference point and a rich source for social and moral dynamism. It has also been the foundation of hundreds of millions of believers around the globe who consider it the immutable word and truth of God. It seems like every generation is attempting to understand the Qur’an’s meanings and gain a deeper understanding of its universal message from a modern perspective.
The Shade Of The Qur’an offers more than just another commentary. It isn’t too far-reaching and outlandish to be considered a new interpretation. It’s a sincere, honest, and sober examination of man’s current achievements and problems in light of the Qur’an’s message. It is an attempt to vigorously explore its rich wisdom and expand its invaluable guidance in the interest of a more’sophisticated’ but highly perplexed society.
This work, Sayyid Qutb’s most extensive and profound, covers the entire Qur’an text. It was completed over 15 years. Most of it was spent in Egyptian prisons during the 1950s and 60s. It contains Sayyid Qutb’s insights, highly regarded intellectual vigor and widely-acclaimed literary prowess.
The outstanding contribution of Islamic thought and scholarship to In The Shade Of The Qur’an is widely recognized. Students and scholars around the globe, as well as current Islamic revivalist movements, owe it a lot. It is now available in English and will continue to inspire and educate millions more. It will be an indispensable reference work for understanding contemporary Islamic thought.
Sayyid Qtb. He lived up to his teachings and died for the principles he stood by. A military court founded by Nasser sentenced him to death and executed him. He wrote his jihad against all the jahiliyya he saw around him.
1906 – Born in Musha, northern Egypt.
1930’s and 1940s: Qutb starts working as an inspector of schools for Egypt’s Ministry of Education. Qutb also attempts to become a writer. He publishes a few books, but not much success.
1948: Receives a master’s from the Colorado State College of Education and travels to the USA to study the educational system.
1951: Qutb returns home to Egypt and joins the Muslim Brotherhood. (Ikhwan ul Muslim).
1952: The first volume of his commentary In the Shade of the Qur’an is published (Fi Zilal al-Qur’an). This work would have 29 additional volumes.
1954: He is taken into custody and sentenced to a long time imprisonment with many others members of the Ikhwan.
1964: Qutb is freed after ten years imprisonment.
1965: Arrest again for allegedly being part of the plot to assassinate President Gamal Abdu-l-Nasser.
1966 August 29: Executed following a 1965 plot. May Allah Bless His Soul
Ha Mim. This book was bestowed by God, Almighty the Wise. There are certain signs in heaven and earth for those who believe. (TMQur’an al Jathiya 45: 1-3}
Adil Salhi teachers, Markfield Institute of Higher Education in Leicester, England. After several years working with the BBC Arabic Service, he moved to the Arabic daily al-Sharq al-Awsat. He continues to publish articles in many publications, including Arab News and many Online Publications. He translated and worked on most of the volumes of Sayyid Qutb’s commentary In the Shade of the Qur’an.
- Publisher: The Islamic Foundation
- Publication Date: August 2, 2018.
- Language : English
- File size:6954 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader: Supported
- Enhanced Typesetting :Enabled
- Xray :Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 405 pages
- Not Enabled –Lending
READ ALSO: Juz’ ‘Amma –
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-1-SURAH-1-2.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-2-SURAH-3.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-3-SURAH-4.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-4-SURAH-5.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-5-SURAH-6.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-6-SURAH-7.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-7-SURAH-8.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-8-SURAH-9.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-9-SURAHS-10-11.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-10-SURAHS-12-15
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-11-SURAHS-16-20.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-12-SURAHS-21-25.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-13-SURAHS-26-32.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-14-SURAHS-33-39.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-15-SURAHS-40-47.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-16-SURAHS-48-61.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-17-SURAHS-62-77.
- BEST SELLER – IN-THE-SHADE-OF-THE-QURAN-VOLUME-18-SURAHS-78-114.